Do you want to get full information about ups freight & ltl tracking?? Then you have to come to the right place.
In this ultimate guide, you will get to learn about its different businesses and customer support.
It gets the Overnight Transportation on 28 April 2006, and it becomes the very well-known name today as UPS freight. Now it offers various Less Than Load works.
After all, this happens they changed their logo from the Overnight tractors to UPS Freight tractors operators with the change in colors.
In this article, we will share all the information about work and UPS LTL tracking services.
Along with that, you will get step by step guide for shipping your package. It includes how to prepare your freight shipment, how to calculate freight shipment, the different shipping works provided by the company.
- What is a UPS Freight??
- Step 1: UPS Freight Shipping Services
- UPS Next Day Air Freight
- UPS Next Day Air Freight NGS
- UPS 2nd Day Air Freight
- UPS 2nd Day Air Freight NGS
- UPS 3 Day Freight
- United parcel service 3 Day Freight NGS
- United parcel service Freight between USA Contiguous 48 States & Mexico
- UPS Worldwide Express
- UPS Worldwide Expedited Air Freight
- UPS Worldwide Expedited Ground Freight
- UPS Standard LTL
- For every other destinations and origin
- Air Freight Direct
- UPS Air Consolidated
- UPS Consolidated
- Step 2: Calculate UPS freight time and cost
- Step 3: Prepare UPS Freight Shipment
- Step 4: Send UPS Freight Package
- Step 5: UPS Freight Tracking
- Step 1: UPS Freight Shipping Services
What is a UPS Freight??
It is the carriage service. It is available in 50 states of USA as well as in Puerto Rico and Canada. You can get its facility around the globe.
You might be also wondering what is the difference between package and freight.
It provides services for the heavyweight parcels which weigh up to 150 lbs. There are different types of works like ground & air freight, etc.
If you want to know about UPS freight service and different steps to deliver packages with it, then you are at right place because here we are providing the step by step guide for using the facility to deliver around the world.
Let’s start our journey with step by step guide:
Step 1: UPS Freight Shipping Services
United parcel service always provides the best facility to its customers with user-friendly services. Even they offer a different type of freight facilities according to your suitability. So in this part, we will discuss the various freight-related shipping services from which you will get the all the information.
UPS Freight Service inside the United States and between Canada, US & Puerto Rico
It provides six these type of facilities on above locations but the delivery period may be different depending on the type and distance. On its official website, they offer you delivery commitment with the particular kind of facility. So you can find best among them for your package.
Now we are providing all the detail information about these services below:
UPS Next Day Air Freight
This service provides you the next day delivery option, so if you have to deliver any parcel overnight, you can use this service of United parcel service. Some of the other benefits of using next day air freight are mention below:
- Dedicated freight service network minimizes package handling which results in fast package delivery from door to door via UPS
- Ideal for the packages having least weight 150 lbs or more.
- You can also opt for various values added works like lift gate equipment, Saturday delivery, etc. You can track your parcel with this service easily.
- Easy package processing for both types of this palletized and non-palletized.
UPS Next Day Air Freight NGS
This provides service on above mention places. If you are using this facility, then your package delivered on next business day until noon or by 5 pm. But this service doesn’t give any guarantee for their delivery commitment. Apart from this, all the other benefits are same as Next Day Air Freight shipping service.
UPS 2nd Day Air Freight
United parcel service 2nd Day Air Freight provides its service in most of the metropolitan cities of USA 48 connecting states, Puerto Rico and Canada. This provides a commitment to delivering on the 2nd business day until noon or 5 PM. Apart from this, some other benefits are as follows:
- Get the palletized and non-palletized shipping package very easily.
- Receive the door to door facility very fast due to a dedicated network.
- Ship packages weigh more than Small package size through this.
- Choose any value-added services that will help you to get better.
- Track your freight shipment through tracking services.
UPS 2nd Day Air Freight NGS
This service delivers the package on the 2nd business day, but it doesn’t give the guarantee of delivery on committed time. So if you are flexible with time then only opt this. The delivery package until noon or 5 PM. Most of the benefits are same as the above. The other benefits are given below:
- Send heavier shipment also through this service.
- To get excellent service for your shipment, you can use value-added services like Residential delivery and pickup, etc.
UPS 3 Day Freight
You can use this facility if you want to send less important packages within 3 business days. They deliver a package in a 3-4 business day, in the timing of morning to evening till 5 pm. This facility is available in 48 connecting states, as well as Canada and Puerto Rico.
The other benefits of this service are:
- Get the convenient package handling in palletized and non-palletized.
- Get the door to door service at the much faster rate by Ups freight dedicated network.
- It is a good facility for lighter as well as the heavier item.
- You can select any value added facilities for freight and get better United parcel service delivery.
- Online tracking is available.
United parcel service 3 Day Freight NGS
This service is same as the previous one; the only difference is that it does not give any guarantee of delivery. The extra benefits are also same as 3-day freight.
United parcel service Freight between USA Contiguous 48 States & Mexico
These are several facilities available for the USA and Mexico. In this part, we will give you all information of all services provided by the company.
UPS Worldwide Express
This facility is available in more than 60 countries and areas and especially for palletized shipment more than 150 lbs and gives guaranteed delivery in 1 to 3 business days.
Delivery commitments for import and export are:
|Get Guaranteed Delivery||Get Guaranteed Delivery|
|Get Delivery To Mexico And Canada Within 1 Business Day||Get Delivery To Canada Within 1 Business Day|
|Get Delivery To Latin America, Asia, And Europe In within 2 Business Day||Get Delivery To Latin America, Asia, And Europe within 2 Business Day|
You will get a door to door as well as non-door to door service under this option.
UPS Worldwide Expedited Air Freight
This service is same as the previous one, but the only difference is that it frequently use for delivery of less urgent parcels.
The area for import destination is in more than 70 countries, and the export destination is in more than 220 countries.
The delivery commitment for import and expert are:
|get delivery to Canada within 2 business days||get delivery to Canada within 2 business days|
|get delivery to Mexico within 2-3 business days||get delivery to Mexico within 2-3 business days|
|get delivery to Europe within 4-5 business days||get delivery to Europe within 3-4 business days|
|get delivery to Latin America and Asia within 4-5 business days||get delivery to Latin America and Asia within 4-5 business days|
UPS Worldwide Expedited Ground Freight
This facility is available in 48 states of USA and Mexico. It provides door to door service in minimum time by minimizing the delays happen at borders. It has other benefits too, which are as follows:
- It gives the guaranteed delivery if United parcel service is as custom brokers
- It is good for parcels that weigh more than 150 pounds
- It provides good shipment process for palletized freight shipment
- Get benefit in transportation prices as well as door to door shipment.
- Using other services like pickup custom clearance and delivery will get you benefits.
UPS Standard LTL
United parcel facility Standard Less Than Load available in between 48 states and Mexico, too. As per name suggest this provide less-than-truckload freight services and it is best option to choose. It gives the door to door facility and provides the guaranteed delivery if It is custom brokers. Other benefits are:
- Work with single invoicing through UPS customs clearance.
- Get advantage and transparency in transportation prices.
- The additional 5 locations of border crossing are TX; Laredo, Otay Mesa, CA, TX; Nogales, AZ; TX; El Paso, TX and Brownsville/McAllen.
For every other destinations and origin
There are also some freight shipping services which are accessible for all over the globe. The Worldwide Express also appears in this category. But we discussed it already, and now we will discuss other items on this board.
Air Freight Direct
This facility is available to all nations of the world and its airport to airport service having great flexibility and speed. They committed to delivering any package in 1-3 days in any part of the world. You can set particular day for delivery, too. With this, you get some other benefits, also. They are as below:
- It is good for packages to weigh more than 150 lbs
- Easy to handle package for non-palletized and palletized.
- Other facilities like pickup custom clearance and delivery will get you benefits.
- You can also use the other value-added services to get the express shipment of the parcel.
UPS Air Consolidated
This is equivalent to the direct service. The only variation is that it commits to delivering the package in 3 to 5 days.
When the package needs to export out of the country, many aspects like speed fulfillment of parcels, cost of inventory and compliance become complex.
That why UPS Consolidated provides the facility that the product delivers faster and in minimum time. If you select this service then, you can easily lessen your average cost of customs brokerage and freight transportation, and this is beneficial for mid to large size businesses.
Step 2: Calculate UPS freight time and cost
Now in this step, we will show, how to calculate fright time and cost.
- For that first, go to its official website.
- Now select the shipping tab, and under this drop-down menu, you will find new shipment. Go there and select ‘calculate time and cost’ option .in short go to shipping>>new shipment>>calculate time and cost.
- After selecting, selecting you will see a form with 2 selection.
- In the first, you have to select the type of freight service, and in the second, you have to give the information of the home and destination address of the package, the date of shipping along with the method of payment for the shipping.
- After filling this click on the next tab. On the next window, you can see the details of UPS shipping quote.
That’s all. Now it’s time to move on next step.
Step 3: Prepare UPS Freight Shipment
The next thing is to prepare your package for the delivery.
United parcel service shipment includes palletized boxes or things or non-palletized items in multiple pieces depend upon the size
UPS Worldwide Express accepted packages with some weight restriction and does not take the non-palletized packages.
The Worldwide Express Freight is one of the service ships the palletized package over 150 lbs. But it may differ according to the area of delivery.
So here are the most important steps:
- Select the right pallets according to your shipment if your package needs to be palletized.
- Load the boxes on the Pallet in a precise manner.
- Next, cover it with some covering or strap it properly.
- Now, label your freight shipment.
So, our package is ready for shipping.
Step 4: Send UPS Freight Package
- After complete packing of the package, you have to do is shipment and it creates via the official site.
- On creation of shipment, an airway bill is generated which includes all information regarding parcel like the shipper, delivery service type, etc.
- It is important to document and hence makes 3-4 copies of it. One will give to pick up person and another to send with a shipment, and the last will keep with you for record aspects.
- You can schedule Pickup or Drop-off for every shipment by package shipping methods, by going to ups.com or using the 1-800-782-7892 number.
- Apart from this, read other terms and conditions related to freight service from the link given below:
Step 5: UPS Freight Tracking
Once you shipped your package next is to track it. And this can be done with the help of PRO number.
PRO number is the number provided, which is provided to you at the time when you make the order at the United parcel facility. It helps you track your package delivery, lost or damaged package complaints, or any other problems.
So make sure you have this number otherwise it will be complicated to send your message or problem to United parcel service.
If have any doubt related to PRO number or you don’t know how to find your PRO number of your package, then you can call UPS customer service center and ask them your doubts.
- UPS freight phone number: 1-800-742-5877
You can follow-up your package by two methods:
One is by PRO number: and another is by reference.
Method 1- United parcel service freight track: by PRO number
- Go to the Ups freight site from the link given below:
- Select “entering PRO number” on the home page and enter the PRO number of your package which is provided to you and you will get the tracking detail.
- If you don’t track details in step 2 then select the shipping tab from the home page of the site.
- Choose the tracking heading from the shipping page.
- Now, enter the PRO number.
- Click on the track button, and you will get the tracking data of your package.
Note: You can get only maximum enter 20 PRO numbers at a time.
You can track your package from reference number, too.
Method 2- UPS Freight Track: by reference
- Go to the link given below:
- From the home page of the site, select shipping tab.
- Next, select the tracking heading from the shipping page.
- Click on the track by reference tab, and a form will be shown as below:
- Fill the form with necessary details and click on the track button. You will get tracking detail on your freight package.
You can also track your parcel by using UPS app, too.
It provides the best facilities and best customer experience. That’s why most of the people prefer UPS to deliver their all type of packages whether it is small package, normal package or freight package.
This article gives you all information about United parcel service carriage. After reading this article, you come to about different shipping facility, How to calculate UPS freight time and cost, How to prepare UPS Freight Shipment, Send UPS Freight Package and how to get tracking details. If you want to get more details about this topic, then you can go the link below and get more idea about it:
Hope you find all the answer to your questions. If you have any doubts regarding United parcel service fright, then ask us via a comment in comment box. If you find this article helpful, then share it with your family members and friends.