Want to change delivery address UPS? If yes, then you are in exact place. Because in this article we will discuss on how to change the delivery address of UPS.
The maximum customer of UPS give their delivery address where they are present at the most of time, but sometimes they needed to change their address or typed wrong address because of some reason.
Most of the time it happens suddenly, and we need to change the shipping address urgently. But we don’t know is it possible or not?
Then you might be wondering how do I reroute ups package or redirect to the new address?
UPS give an option to change shipping or delivery address option to their customers after the package is already transported.
This option is helpful to customers in case they have accidentally given wrong address, or they need to return the package to you or the shift their residence. You can change address online from its website.
Receivers can also modify shipping options if UPS attempts to deliver the package and no one is available to sign for it.
All of these variations can be done from the official website of UPS, although UPS may charge extra fees to make changes to the delivery.
Moreover, you can upgrade ups shipping in transit and that’s one of the best options to choose while you find that your package is being shipped.
UPS also give the option to change the address of shipping before the first delivery attempt. For that, you have to log in to your my choice account, and you can see the option of change address inside your account.
Using this option, you can merely transmit your package to given new address. Even, using this choice, you can reschedule your package to another delivery or change pickup date, day or time.
After reading this, you will get an idea that you can change your delivery address. But how to change delivery address UPS?
The process is a straightforward and only two-step process. What you need to you is your order UPS tracking number, and you’re my choice account access.
First, you will always need to check that whether you order is suitable for the UPS change of address option or not? Because some items like prescription medication, high-value merchandise or perishable items may strictly need to receive at given receiver’s address.
But after all the best thing about the UPS change of address option is that you will not need to expanse anything extra for rearranging, changing or redirecting the address of the destination to the customer centers, UPS store locations, or UPS Access Point locations. Also, this service is free for premium members.
But my choice UPS members will be asked fees to pay for an address change for UPS package if they are not the premium members. At some point, you may get an error of “change delivery request unsuccessful”.
If you are not a member of UPS My Choice and want change delivery address alternatives for your package before the first delivery trial, then you can contact the sender, or you can request on the official website.
How to change the delivery option of UPS? (Step by Step guide)
Follow the step given below to change the address of shipping:
- Go to the History and find the shipment or tracking number for the delivery that you would like to change.
- Now, select the Track button.
- Next, Select either Intercept Multiple or Intercept This Package.
Note: If you select Intercept This Package, then go directly to Step number 6. If selecting Intercept Multiple, go to the very next step, step number 4.
- The Delivery Intercept Request Manager window will display with the tracking number(s) listed.
- Now, you have to Select Submit List.
- Next, the Delivery Intercept page will show.
- Next, you have to select a changing Request Type given on the site. You have to choose one of the following actions:
- Reschedule Delivery: Keep the package for pickup by the receiver
- Return to Sender: Return the box to the shipper.
- Will Call: Keep the package for pickup by the recipient.
- Deliver to Another Address: Reroute the package to a new address.
- When you are done with this procedure, select next, and follow the instructions given onscreen.
- After giving additional information next, you have to provide your credit card information as well. This information is taken as charged for other fees if any.
- Click on the “Finish” button to confirm the submitted the changes.
Above you had just completed the procedure of changing the address of the receiver. But in UPS the sender can also change delivery information. Let’s take a look at this, too.
Change delivery address (sender)
- First, Sign in to your My UPS account on the official UPS website. Don’t worry If you do not have an account because you can create an account for free using the “Register” button from the log-in window.
- Next, click on the “Shipping” tab given at the top of the window.
- Now, click on “View History” tab.
- Now, you have to Place a check mark in the box next to the delivery that you would like to change.
- On next step, Click on “Request Intercept.”
- For request intercept, you have to choose one option from given all choice. The possibilities are as below:
- Select “Return to Sender” to get the package returned to you,
- Select “Deliver to Another Address” to change the delivery address
- Select “Reschedule Delivery” to reschedule the delivery date or time
- Select “Will Call” to have UPS hold the package at a UPS location of pickup.
- Now, Click on “Next” button.
- In this stage, you have to enter your credit card information, and you have to confirm the interception.
Note: the change will do on the day that the package was to delivered by ups.
Here in this article, we have discussed, the delivery change address of UPS like we can change the address or not of UPS parcel, the step by step guide for changing the address for the receiver as well as the sender. We also find that premium customer may not charge anything or if you redirect your parcel to its customer center or store then also it is free. Otherwise, you have to pay fees according to their norms.
It’s all! If you like this article then like it and share it with the one who needs it. Thank you for reading!